Thursday, October 23, 2008

Plurk Around and Keep on Plurking!

I'm so addicted at Plurk right now. When my friend, Ria, told me to join the site to expand my social network, I didn't realize how great it is. Now I know why aside from me, a lot of people are addicted at Plurking, as usual users call the activity.

I have already browsed through the site after registering to it (which was very fast). At first, it was a bit confusing how it actually works but after about 10 minutes, I got the hang of it and confirmed that it was pretty much an upgraded chat system.

One nifty thing about Plurking is that it has a Karma System which actually increases the more you make and reply to messages, add more friends and get more fans. So aside from having fun just voicing out your opinion and interacting with people, you actually have something to look forward to on your own, which is to increase your Karma.

On top of the functionality of Plurk, the layout is very accessible and is also visually stunning. While one cannot mess with the layout of the whole program, one can still customize the background of his timeline, which practically dominates the whole page. By accessible, I mean it works very smoothly, going from one friend's message to another and pulling up notices and what-nots. To make my point, I made a screenshot of my page:


Right now, I'm in the middle of randomly inviting posters or reply-ers in my existing friend's Plurks. I am also actively posting my own Plurks and butting in on other people's as well. So to anyone who is already in Plurk or wants to join Plurk, just add me as HoboNeil. Let's you and I walk hand in hand towards Plurk Nirvana!

Again, Add Me!