Wednesday, October 29, 2008

For Minrose: To Down Under With Love

I tried posting entries by sending an MMS to my mail-to-blog address but to no avail. And the last time I tried again, the subject was the only thing posted and not the body of the MMS. Anyhow's, here's a first of the write-ups I made on my peculiar visit to the City of Golden Friendship.

Post-CDO entries #1

7:00 pm Minrose had just called me asking how I was.

I've just entered the hotel room after a ciggie and at first, I thought my sister was just playing Rent's Season of Love from the phone's songlist. My mother was watching the tube so she asked my sis to tone it down when my sis wondered out loud why it was playing in the first place. I suddenly realized that I've changed my ringtone to that song. Silly amnesiac me!; so I rushed to the phone thinking it was 'him' who I'm to meet up later in Divisoria, calling me when to my surprise and greater pleasure, it was Minrose.

We talked about things both mundane and important at the same time, and all of them personal. We talked about her complicated lovelife and the lack in mine. She told me about regularly eating a dinner of homemade bread late and I told her about this blog and again, the lack of my lovelife.

There were moments of confusion about what we were talking about but these get dismissed by spontaneous laughters for no reason at all.

Minrose told me she called simply because she misses me.

Mins, I also miss you and Anchit. Someday, when I can really really really and justifiably afford it (I know you understand), I will return the favor and will call you whenever and wherever part of the world you are. For now, I'll happily settle with the memories you left when you were back here in Davao a month ago and that time when Anchit, Tarit, Janus, you and I felt the itch to visit Cagayan de Oro City and tried to find for ourselves our pots of gold.

On hindsight, did it ever crossed your mind how much things would have changed after 3 years. Who would have thought? But we'll still have the circle, right? No matter what.

No comments: