Saturday, November 1, 2008

L for Lie

Post-CDO entries #2

1230 am.
I have a confession to make.


I've met up with L, whom i had a totally pointless crush a couple of years ago, at the night cafe here in Cagayan de Oro City. He is based here and have only been to Davao City for occasional work-related reasons. We were eating dinner at Butcher's Best Barbeque and he asked me if I was seeing right now. I answered yes.


I lied.


See, I have actually anticipated this question and had earlier decided to be honest and tell him nothing, which I thought is a subtle way of telling him there's no one. However, this was when I decided not to ever talk about his ex which gets a bit complicated and draining. You know these type of conversations that goes round and round over an old flame and just ends up in the same stupid conclusion-- it just gets tiring. But we did though, which made me ditch the plan. I even embellished the lie, gave the someone, whoever he is age and work, and when I got worked enough, made up uber kilig moments.


We eventually got around to have a nice, baggage-free and mindless banter over a can of San Miguel Light but all night, i was all too aware about the lie and kept remembering it. I've never been a good liar and it kinda upsets me that I've lied for something when I didn't have to. When I didn't need to.


I guess what I'm a-saying is am i not over my fantasies/crush? It's so high school. Shit!

No comments: