Sunday, November 16, 2008

Juventus Post-Shi(f)t Huddle

To foster a friendlier team environment , A-Bay which also goes by the name Team Juventus, ate at Jollibee-Bolton for breakfast after a rigorous 5-day shift of taking calls from usually irate customers who are either asking for a refund or wants technical support for their corrupted antivirus software. Because it was also payday, everybody was able to go.


At 4:00 am, it looked like somebody booked a private party at Jollibee.

Afterwards, we went to Cogot, the most decent available waterhole after 2am, when most of Davao closes down. Here, city ordinances don't apply-- one can order beer as much as one can take it and at the same time smoke under a roofed establishment. The owner probably is a very powerful person, with obviously a very deep pocket, but the best thing about the place is the good food (Lomi is always good when you're drunk and your dinner is threatening to spill out of your gut) and the fact that no matter how many times I've been at the place, I've never seen people fighting or throwing bottles at each other, which I think is a very nice thing when drunk people are a given here.


The group, of course, got a bit rowdy and the noise level obviously increased. I think everybody basically had a great time. Talk about foster-ing!


I was still tipsy when I got home at about 8:00 am. I texted my supervisor and my 2 L2s thank-you messages. I don't know but after pressing the send button, I thought maybe I didn't need to so it kinda felt like an awkward FC(feeling close) moment. Ah, I guess such a very nice day wouldn't, shouldn't, end without me embarassing myself. Anyhows, cheers to A-Bay! It was a great post-shi(f)t huddle!

More pictures here.

No comments: