Sunday, November 9, 2008

Day-off Special!

Oooh, I love dayoffs!

Yesterday, I first met with Jenny, Dimples, Eds and Cokie, who were all nursing classmates from MMFC, at around 8pm and hung out at Yellow House in V. Mapa Street. I usually order their double chocolate blended coffee (which name I forgot) but it felt so anticlimactic to start my night with coffee so I tried to order Coke instead. However, upon hearing it was worth P50, I decided not to. Does Coke taste better with the ambiance and all the shizz of the place? I didn't think so. Although I love Coke, I felt it was way too overpriced for such a place.

Dimples and her new red lacy panties

I opted for plain old water and ate Jenny's carrot cake, which was so good, I was able to finish the whole thing by myself.

At about 10:30, Grace, another nursing classmate, got me and we went to Bulbagaba at Matina Town Square's Taboan and met up with Angel, her fiancee Don, and Mikay. This place is known to local Davaoeno's for their Bulalo Steak and Dinakdakan, which I found out Don had already ordered. He also ordered a sampler of kropek, french fries, sliced hotdog and cheese sticks, which was actually more like tons of kropek with a couple or three pieces of the others put in there as an afterthought. They talked while I drank a couple of RedHorse and listened to 4-Play (Janice has an amazing voice!).

At around 12, my friends decided to call it a night but I wasn't ready yet to end my first dayoff. I dragged them to where Jenny and the others I met earlier, now with Enzy, our balikbayan classmate, were at Whistletop Bar. We all suddenly realized that our combined group now seemed to look like a reunion of some sorts of our nursing batch.

Reunion!

Some had to go home earlier, others had to go somewhere else so we paid off our bill at around 2am, after I downed two more bottles of RedHorse. Again, I still wasn't satisfied of the time I spent on my dayoff so I went to Beeracay, at Rizal Promenade, where JP and his friends were drinking. Apparently, it was JP's birthday last November 6 and his party had extended up until yesterday.

It was yet another round of RedHourse plus Blue Margarita. While with JP, I came across Eric, a former clinical instructor, and friends who work at Basti's, Victoria Plaza, another coffeshop here in Davao. They were also into some round of heavy drinking so I joined them after JP decided to call it a night.


1: Happy belated birthday JP! 2: Waiting for Lomi

I ended up drunk but not so much so as to lose control of myself. I still was able to walk with the Basti's crowd to Sunya Resturant at San Pedro Street, to eat a hot bowl of Lomi with toasted bread. And that's how my first dayoff/night ended, quite literally with the sun promising a great Sunday morning.

More pictures here.

No comments: