Monday, November 10, 2008

Monday Blues: Mongo and Dilis

All good things must come to an end.

It's nothing like it's the end of the world but I suppose one can never get enough of dayoffs. It's now Monday, the start of the week, the start of bootlicking, the start of sycophanting.

Just because I feel so tired and so not ready to go to work, I cooked Mongo and fried some Dilis for my early dinner. I'm pretty sure my promise to eat just one cup of rice every meal would be conveniently forgotten; my calories would pile up unheeded, and I'll stay fugly-out-of-shape until the Christmas season ends.

Here's how I cook Mongo beans:
1) I soak the beans for an hour in tap water for an hour to soften it up.
2) I boil the beans for 30minutes until it is- well- cooked.
3) On a separate pan, I saute garlic, onions and tomato with a small amount of oil.
4) Then I add cubed pork and saute it until tender and the juices are gone.
5) I transfer the sauteed pieces on the first pot with the mongo beans.
6) I add salt and pepper to taste.
7) Right before extinguishing the fire, I add in malunggay leaves.

As for the dilis, I just fry it until it's crispy. :P

The consequences are not exactly comforting but for the moment, eating would be the perfect consuelo de bobo.

2 comments:

Ria Jose said...

Pwede ka magluto niyan for me?

Neil said...

of course! why not, coconut! but goodluck to my gout. this is so uric-full! hahaha