Monday, March 9, 2009

The Wrong Jao

This month is our team's month and we're calling it GradQAtion Month. Basically, this is just a program to increase (fingers crossed) the QA stats of the agents. We decided to hang small diplomas and black caps with yellow tassels on the ceiling so we were there on a Sunday. We called it a night at around 11 PM.


While Wanda and I were walking towards the intersection of Uyanguren and Bajada, waiting for text replies, I saw Kuya Jao with a friend. They were deep in conversation. I needed something from him for our planned team-building at Eden Nature Park in Talomo. I hesitated but approached him anyway. I thought now was as good a time as any.

N: Hi! Kuya Jao?
(J and friend exchanged blank looks)
J: Did you say Jared? Or Jao? If it's Jao, I think you meant the APM. It's not me.
N: Oh... Sorry.
(J's friend, having been interrupted in their convo, was looking daggers at me.)

Shit
. With a capital S. I hid behind Wanda. I couldn't wait for a cab to take me away from the place. All along I thought he was Jao, my schoolmate and the brother of my amegang JM. Super kahiya.

No comments: