Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Pass/Fail

In a fit of ill-prepared imprudence (am I ready or good enough?), I applied for the post of a Quality Analyst. This morning was my interview. After it, I wallowed in 5 minutes of intense hopelessness. I knew in the deepest of my heart that I messed it up. I told everyone who cared to ask, or just listen, that I failed miserably. Totally. Idiotically. Disappointingly.

However, I didn't get any rejection email (they call it regret email) which means the QA manager perhaps saw enough in me, in my botched attempts to give him a coherent answer, to let me pass through his scrutiny. Then my dear ex-supervisor congratulated me "in secret" and my QA bestfriend hugged me. I could, wanted to, cry because I could see the sincere happiness in her eyes.

That would mean I got it right? Not exactly because I haven't received any email confirming that I got the post. Right now, it's hard to stay still and it's hard to laugh. All day long I tried to keep a poker face- not able to show the tiniest hint of a smug smile on my face. After all, there's nothing really to show for it.

I hope and I pray I will get it. Announce it. Please. NOW NA!

(on a negative note, if I do get the rejection email.. uhmm.. well, life goes on)

No comments: